The application for OS "Android"
designed for the development
of self-awareness in everyday
life, mastering of the zen state
based on modern neurological developments.
the state "zen" learning
the state "zen"
lasts seven daysa
of timely update
of the program
Open a program
The program "ZEN-Master" is designed to train humans to develop self-awareness in their day-to-day life, to master the state "zen". The program could be used along with3 various other methods teaching to reach state "zen", optionally. (see bibliography [1-12]).
The prevalent practices used to achieve Zen state are zazen (sit-down meditation) and koan (parable-riddle).
In Zen a suddenly, instantaneous awakening of awareness prevails, that sometimes could be induced with special techniques.
The most well-known of them are koan2. Koan is a sort of paradox, absurd for the ordinary reason; being an object of contemplation, it would induce the awakening.
Some coaches in order to encourage the awakening used to hoot unexpectedly at the pupil or even to beat him with a stick on his head. The sit-down meditation remains the ground practice.
Along with sit-down meditation in various zen school walking meditation, work meditation, any routine activity meditation used to be practiced - meditation in the course of everyday life.
The program "ZEN-Master" using "cues" let organize zen practice during the entire day.
As "cues" the program "ZEN-Master" uses koans and messages.
Among various zen state inducting techniques the most efficient and proven is the method of creating a critical reflective attitude about your conscious state using "cues":
- Who is "Me"?,
- "What is the mind"?1
and so on, all the day long.
This program takes into consideration neuro-rhythmologic characteristics of a person and during seven days, when you are awake, it generates aural, visual and vibration signals – "cues"4.
"Psymoct-zen " is using the concepts of B.Skinner ("Teaching machines and programmed learning") and I. Shmelev ("The third signal system. Section Divine"), that allows to speed up the process of mastering the required skills.
Important (sic!): Every time the program puts forth a cue, you are supposed within a zen-minute to ask yourself your own question or the displayed question5.
Thereupon you will be proposed to perform a minute test "zen-minute".
The number of cues within a day (from several dozens to several units) depends on your individual neuro-rhythmologic characteristics (NRC).
"ZEN-Master" enables to set a level of sophistication - 1,2 or 3 - in the course of the training:
1 - simple; 2 - moderate; 3 - complicated.
To calculate your NRC such parameters are used as usual time of awakening and duration of sleep as well as your results on the test "Zen-minute". Based on modern neurological developments and adaptive algorithms for artificial intelligence, using your individual data obtained by "genetic algorithms", the training process would be organized as precisely as possible.
A list of questions (koans), and messages-parables "ZEN":
- "Who am I?"
- "What is the mind?"
- "What am I?"
- "What is the life?"
- "What is the death?"
- "What is Buddha?"
- "No flag or wind moves – that is your mind that moves."
- "If you do not create a cause, you have no consequences. Therefore do not create anything."
- "Ten thousand questions, it's just one question."
- "The flow is one that seems being asleep when moving. It is too full for sound or foam."
- "What does happen with my fist when I open palm?"
- "No thought, no reflection, no analysis, no exercise, no intention. Give things the opportunity to be."
- "The Blue Mountains are Blue Mountains by their own. White Clouds are White Clouds by their own."
- "Stepping through the woods, it does not bother the grass. Plunging into the water, it wakes no ripple."
- "When you do not think about the good or the bad, what will be in that moment your primary nature?"
- "What is my primary nature?"
- "Breathe with your heart"
- "Go inside ... go inside ... disappear ..."
- "Emptiness of heart"
- "Go for the standing experience "
- "Happiness" – happen easy
Koans (Chinese gongang, Jap. To: en) - short stories telling about specific cases when someone achieved the enlightenment, or puzzle-alogisms whose main purpose is to awake the mind of the listening. Koans often appear confusing and even paradoxical. However, they are commonly used in the practice of Zen buddhism, along with meditation. Koans were used in all schools of Chinese buddhism.
There are several levels of advance in the "emptiness" of consciousness:
- "Single point consciousness" (i-nian-sin)
- "The consciousness devoid of ideas" (wu-nian-sin)
- "No-mind" (wu-sin) or "not-me" (wu-wo).
In the past, the practice of koans meant checking the enlightenment in someone. Now we use koans to make our lives conscious. This differs from the traditional method of koan using.
One should understand that right or wrong answers really do not matter - the only important thing is how we use koans in our everyday life.
So when you're doing something, just do it. When you are just doing it, thinking is absent, there is neither subject nor object, inner and outer become one. Right practice of koans - just do it. From moment to moment, the everyday life becomes your koan, your Zen experience.
3 Many psychotherapeutic schools had been influenced by Zen:
Gestalt therapy, including its founder Fritz Perls, as well as well-known training system, such as ECT. John Enright, having worked for many years in Gestalt method with Perls, in his work "Gestalt leading to enlightenment," frankly wrote that he considered the main aim of Gestalt therapy be just mini-satori: a special sort of insight or catharsis - after which most of old problems got vanished.
4 You can chose any option you need for the cue using the menu of the program :
- sound and its volume level;
- message text (using the listed questions or enter your own one);
- using vibration (on/off);
- continuous or single cue mode.
When using a continuous cue mode, press "*" to disable it.
If the key isn't pressed, the cue will be deactivated automatically 30 seconds later.
5 It is probable that you are using "cues" in your zen practice. Then use a "cue" as an "all-clear" signal.
- Osho The Zen Manifesto
- Osho The Buddha: the Emptiness of the Heart, talks on Zen
- Alan W.Watts The way of ZEN
- Abaev N.V. The chan-Buddhism and cultural-psychological traditions in medieval China
- Suzuki D.T. Essays in Zen Buddhism
- Suzuki D.T. Training of the Zen Buddhism Monk
- Suzuki D.T. Manual of Zen Buddhism
- Suzuki D.T. Living by Zen
- Suzuki D.T. The Awakening of a New Conciousness in Zen
- Watts A.W. The Spirit of Zen
- Senzaki N. Zen Meditation
- Takakusu J. Essentials of Buddhist Philosophy